Thursday, 24 March 2016

How I Wash My Makeup Brushes// Tamara Hartles



Heya gals/ guys,
Recently I've been researching ways to wash your makeup brushes, and there's loads! I didn't realise this was a thing until last year, of course now I know I decided to give it a go. I was a bit worried to begin with because the last time I tried to clean a makeup brush was when I was around 10 ( the brush was dirt cheap) and I really didn't know what I was doing .. .the results where ridiculously bad haha , my brush ended up drying like straw. WOOPS 
   Anyway, this time I was determined to clean them correctly ( especially if I was going to use them on other people too, its just hygienic!). I was speaking to my Nan a few weeks ago over the phone and I told her how you can wash your makeup brushes and her exact words were, "I always wash mine, I use soapy water!" So taking this advice I started thinking of ways I could wash them. 
   Just to test them out I decided to choose two brushes to clean as a tester. I used some shampoo and swirled the makeup brush into my hand while running the tap slowly over it. I carried on doing this until no dirty water ( I say dirty water but the water is just a skin colour from foundation) was still running from the brush. Then taking some conditioner placed them on a towel and left them for half a hour to soak up the wetness and then I transferred them to my window sill, this is because there is a radiator underneath so they will dry. I left these over night. Towards the end I realised I used a lot of shampoo for two brushes!
   Today I decided I would go in and wash all of my brushes but like my nans method, I filled by sink with warm water and skirted some shampoo in there. I swirled the brushes into my hand until all the foundation ect, was off my brush and then I emptied the sink and used conditioner on each brush and ran warm water on each brush to wash off the conditioner. My brushes were so soft! I dried them like I did before.
Both ways worked great but I believe the 1st method cleaned the brushes just that bit better!x
Here are some before and after photos so you can see!
Also I took a photo of the shampoo I used just I case you wanted to see!



Before:



 After:

 
I hope you enjoyed this blogpost, please comment down below other posts you would like to see me post!x
Bye have a great easter!x

No comments:

Post a Comment